Birth Doula Workshops
DONA International-approved birth doula workshop.
Includes three steps towards certification as a birth doula with DONA International:
- Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas
- Basic Birth Doula Workshop
- Breastfeeding for Doulas (can be taught separately)
Workshops taught yearly in Bloomington, Indiana; also available to facilitate in other locations.
Fee: typically $600 for all three components (contact me for details about specific workshops)
Birth Doula Mentoring
Scheduled and on-call mentoring for birth doulas, ideal for new doulas and doulas working with challenging situations.
- One-on-one prenatal and/or postpartum support meetings as you work with your clients
- Support during prenatal and/or postpartum meetings with your clients
- Prenatal and/or postpartum shadowing of my meetings with my clients
- Tailored education based on your clients' specific situations or needs
- On-call phone support when you are at a birth
Fee: $50-$300 depending on package (contact me for more information)
Birth Doula Apprenticeship
One of the best ways to gain real-life birth doula skills is to work directly with an experienced birth doula. As my apprentice, you will shadow me through an entire doula-client relationship, including all prenatal and postpartum meetings and the birth itself. Apprenticeship also includes a separate prenatal and postpartum meeting with just the two of us to discuss and debrief the client relationship and birth experience.
This opportunity is available when I have clients who are open to my working with an apprentice. If you're interested, let's meet in person and determine whether apprenticeship will work well for both of us.
I occasionally offer other doula-related workshops and classes, including:
- Introduction to birth work
- Labor support skills for friends and family
- Self-care and birth processing for doulas
- Breastfeeding for doulas
Contact me for more information, and see "upcoming events" on my homepage.